Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Transfer of Credits for Bachelor and Master Programs

General Information:

The transfer of study or examination credits that you have already gained may be of interest if:

  • you have already enrolled at Freie Universiät and wish to include any credits gained at other universities or in other courses
  • you wish to change from the old to the new program regulations within the same academic program
  • you wish to include study or examination credits gained at other universities in order to apply for a higher semester at Freie Universität.


To transfer study credits, please contact the respective program advisor of the academic program/module concerned, who will forward a recommendation to the Examination Board for the transfer of the study credits obtained. The Examination Board will decide on the transfer on the basis of this recommendation. The Examination Office will then send you the final decision via email.

Please bring the template for transfer, as well as a corresponding proof of the achievement provided and to be recognized (in form of a module certificate, an exam- and/or attendance certificate or printout from CM) to the consultation.

Please note that recognition within the framework of the General Professional Skills (ABV) must be applied for via the respective person responsible for the individual areas of competence and then forwarded from there to the Examination Board.                                                                                  

Placement in higher semesters:

If you wish to apply for a higher subject semester, information on the application procedure can be found here

If, on the basis of your study credits that are already obtained, you are unable to assess for yourself which semester is appropriate for you, the study program advisors will help you with this.

Should you be offered a place on a higher semester on the basis of your application, you must then submit a so-called placement certificate for enrolment in this degree program, which can only be issued by the respective degree program advisor.
Please observe the application deadlines for the academic programmes.

You can apply for the specific recognition of academic and examination achievements completed before during the first semester after your enrolment (see Recognition above).