Springe direkt zu Inhalt

Financing your PhD and Family Matters

There are several ways to finance a doctorate. Most doctoral researchers are either employed as research assistants in research projects, at institutes or supported by scholarships. Structured doctoral programs usually only offer full-time doctoral study programs. For further information on funding opportunities, please have a look at the following website:

Information on PhD scholarships

Many doctoral researchers live with their families and  do care work. Programs often grant extension periods for scholarships and positions, and at Freie Universität, it is possible to ask for childcare during courses or public events. The Dual Career Service also provides supplementing offers for emergency childcare.

Further links:

Women*s representative