Expert Workshop with Prof. Christine Wong, Director of the Centre for Contemporary Chinese Studies at the University of Melbourne, Prof. Genia Kostka, Prof. of Chinese Politics at the FU Berlin and other experts. We particularly welcome PhDs to present their work.
- Prof. Christine Wong: China‘s war on air pollution: Can existing governance structures support new ambitions?
- Prof. Genia Kostka: Trans-jurisdictional environmental problems in China: Incentive structures and adaptive state capacity
- Xinyi Lin (PhD Candidate GEAS): Latest research on environmental protests in China
- Julia Teebken (PhD Candidate GEAS): Climate adaptation and vulnerable populations - local governance approaches in China and the U.S
- Emina Popovic (PostDoc Fellow GEAS): Influencing Environmental Policy Making in China
- Eva Sternfeld (FU Berlin): Nuclear Waste Governance in China – Once through or closed fuel cycle?
- Julian Kirchherr (Assistant Prof. University of Utrecht): Learning it the Hard Way”: Social safeguards norms in Chinese-led dam projects in Myanmar, Laos and Cambodia.
- Angela Leggett (PhD Candidate GEAS): Diverging firm responses to NGO monitoring of corporate environmental responsibiltyin China.
If you would like to present your research or would like to participate, please register with Susanne.Ebermann@fu-berlin.de by April 15th 2017.
Location: R. 2.2051, FU Berlin, Graduate School of East Asian Studies (GEAS), Hittorfstr. 18, 14195 Berlin
R. 2.2051, Fabeckstr. 23-25 ("Holzlaube"), 14195 Berlin, Freie Universität Berlin