CfA: 2 Positions Research Assistants (postdoc) (m/f/d) Full-time job limited to 5 years
News vom 27.04.2021
2 Positions Research Assistants (postdoc) (m/f/d) Full-time job limited to 5 years Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L FU
Reference code: 2021_2_Globalgeschichte_postdoc
The History Department of Freie Universität Berlin is home to a broad variety of research projects and scholarly initiatives in the field of global history (among them, the MA program Global History, and the Graduate School "Global Intellectual History", both jointly run by Freie Universität Berlin and Humboldt-Universität).
For more on the activities in the area of global history in particular, see http://www.geschkult.fu-berlin.de/en/e/fmi/institut/arbeitsbereiche/ab_conrad/index.html
Starting on September 1, 2021, or a mutually agreed date thereafter, successful candidates will pursue a research project in global history (18th to 20th centuries) in the frame of the Einstein Strategic Professorship Global History of Professor Michael Goebel. They will teach 2 courses per semester (4 hours per week) and they will be involved in the activities of the History Department.
Dissertation in history or a neighboring discipline about a topic that can be conceived as global history (Ph.D. in hand at time of interview/received within the last five years).
- very good dissertation in history or a neighboring discipline about a topic that can be conceived as global history;
- very good knowledge of English (C1 level) and the languages relevant to the research proposal; sufficient knowledge of German (A2 level) to participate in departmental activities or willingness to acquire it;
- thorough knowledge of relevant scholarly debates and approaches in global history and social history;
- a well-conceived research project in global history;
- teaching experience;
- publications in peer-reviewed journals;
- projects that make broad connections and/or span regions are an asset.
How to apply:
Please send the following documents in one pdf (not exceeding 10MB) file to email@example.com: Cover letter including names and contact information of two referees; curriculum vitae including list of publications; 300-word abstract of Ph.D. thesis; research proposal (one page); teaching proposal (one page); writing sample (e.g. of journal article or Ph.D. chapter).
Applications are to be submitted with the relevant documents under the reference code in PDF format by email to Prof. Dr. Michael Goebel: firstname.lastname@example.org, who you can also contact with queries ahead of your application.