The MA Intellectual Encounters of the Islamicate World combines academic excellence with the flexibility of an online degree program that allows you to gain international experience in a highly vibrant study environment.
What we offer:
- a one-year, English-taught degree program on the deep and diverse links between the Muslim, Jewish and Christian intellectual contributions during the Medieval period;
- internationally acclaimed teachers from all over the world;
- small study groups of about 20 students, many of whom from the Middle East;
- in-class sessions in Cordoba and Berlin;
- no tuition fees;
- scholarships for Palestinian and Israeli nationals;
- an individualized support structure by teachers, tutors and mentors;
- synchronic online sessions in a state-of-the-art web-based learning setting.
- a degree awarded by Freie Universität Berlin, ranked 88 worldwide, 29 in Europe and 7 in Germany according to the Times Higher Education Ranking (THE);
- an overall enhancement of your analytical, technological, intercultural and language skills;
- strong networking possibilities into the field and with alumni from all over the world.
- have been accepted to PhD programs at Ivy league universities like Yale, Princeton, Harvard, the University of Chicago as well as McGill University, Leiden University, Tel Aviv University or the Hebrew University of Jerusalem;
- have profited substantially from our degree program for their careers in educational facilities, international organizations, NGOs, cultural/interreligious institutions, journalism, museums, libraries (such as the U.N., the British Council, the Goethe Institute, the Swedish Research Institute etc).