As previously communicated, the ninth European Conference of Iranian Studies, ECIS 9, of the Societas Iranologica Europaea (SIE) will take place at the Freie Universität Berlin from 9 to 13 September 2019.
The deadline for proposals for presentations that relate to any aspect of Iranian Studies is now 31 December 2018.
If you wish to organize a thematic panel, please contact us by 31 December 2018 with a short description of the panel and a tentative list of speakers.
Please see the attached Second Circular (below) for details.
Organising a panel
We welcome proposals for pre-arranged panels with 6 participants divided into two sections. If you wish to organise a thematic panel for ECIS9, please e-mail us your proposal by 31 December 2018 with the following information:
- A panel proposal and title: The proposal should clearly outline the themes and objectives of the pre-arranged panels. The proposal should also lay out how the proposed participants will discuss and approach the themes of the panel. It is essential that the individual presentations of a panel are on topic.
- The names of six participants who have accepted to be part of the panel.
- Abstracts of the individual papers.
All proposed panels and their individual papers are subject to the usual review process by the scientific committee, which reserves the right to suggest related participants to the panel organiser in addition to the proposed speakers.
- 31 December 2018: Deadline for submissions of abstracts for ECIS9
- 31 May 2019: Early registration ends
We would also like to remind you of the fees and their deadlines in case you wish to take advantage of early registration discounts, see Registration.