M.A. Tu Thanh Ngo
Ostasiatisches Seminar / Japanologie
Tu Thanh Ngo joined the Freie University Berlin in October 2020, as part of the project “Urban-rural migration and rural revitalization in Japan” led by Professor Cornelia Reiher. He works as a research assistant (PhD candidate) in the sub-project “The periphery and the center: Support schemes for urban-rural migration and their local appropriation”, which focuses on the Japanese government’s policies and support schemes for rural revitalization.
Tu Thanh Ngo has a keen interest in politics, public policy and policy analysis. He holds an M.A. in Political Science (Public Policy) from the Central European University, and a B.A. in Liberal Arts with an emphasis on Japanese politics and Global studies from Doshisha University.
- M.A. in Political Science (specialization: Public Policy), Central European University, Vienna & Budapest (2019-2020)
- B.A. in Liberal Arts (specialization: Japanese politics and Global studies), Doshisha University, Kyoto (2015-2019)
- Freie Universität Berlin: Research assistantship for Prof. Cornelia Reiher (2020-2023)
- Central European University: Master’s scholarship (2019)
- Hirose International Foundation Scholarship: Stipend scholarship for undergraduate studies at Doshisha Univesity (2015-2019)
- Hirose International Foundation Scholarship: Scholarship for high school studies at Gyosei International School (2014-2015)
- Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Long-term scholarship for the “Youth-exchange Kizuna (Bond) Project” (2012-2013)
- Metropolitan Tokyo Professional Institution Association & Hanoi Japanese Teachers Association: Third prize in the writing contest “Japan-Vietnam 40 years of fellowship” (2012)
- Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Short-term exchange scholarship for the “JENESYS Asia Junior Program” (2008)