Name: Said Damin al-Joumani
Place and Date of Birth: Damascus, 07. April 1979
- Visiting Fellow at the Institute of Islamic Studies, Freie Universität Berlin, Fabeckstr. 23-25, D-14195 Berlin
Education and Training:
- PhD in Library Studies, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Cairo University (2010). Specialisation in Manuscripts and their catalogues.
- MA in in Library Studies, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, Cairo University (2007). Specialisation in History of the Book and Libraries (Historical Bibliography)
Publications (all in Arabic, translated):
- Catalogue of the books in the Madrasa of Muhammad Pasha al-Azm: Edition and Study. Journal of the Institute of Arabic Manuscripts 61:2 (2017).
- Marrāt min dhāt al-juhr (Novel) (2017). Paris: Ketabook.
- Catalogues of Islamic Libraries from the end of the 7th century AH to the end of the 13. Century AH (2017). Riyadh: al-'Obikan Foundation. Electronic Publication.
- The library of the Sufi lodge al-Sumaysatiyya in Damascus between the Ayyubid and Mamluk era (2017). Journal of Islamic Manuscripts 8:3, pp. 343 – 376.
A new reading of old Indices (Deduction and classification of anonymous elements) (2015). Journal of the Institute of Arabic Manuscripts 59:2, pp. 119-136.
- Letters on the Wave of the Spirit (Novel) (2015). Al-Suwayda: Dar al-'Awam.
- The libraries of Greater Syria in the era of the Nurid and Ayyubid states 541-658 AH/1146-1260 CE (2014). Damascus: Dar Nur Hawran/Al-Suwayda: Dar al-'Awam.
- Paper production in Damascus in the Middle Ages (2010). Journal of Arabic Studies on Libraries and Information Science 3, pp. 141-154.
- The handwritten index of Islamic libraries (2009). turāthiyyāt14, pp. 9-75.
- Catalogue of the library in the Ashrafiyya Tomb: Study, Edition and Publication (2008). turāthiyyāt 12, pp. 71-89.
Conferences contributions (all in Arabic, translated):
- The library of the Sufi lodge al-Sumaysatiyya in Damascus during the Ayyubid and Mamluk era. Presented at the 11th Conference of the Committee of Islamic Manuscripts: Sufism and Islamic Manuscript Heritage, Magdalene College, University of Cambridge, September 13th -15th 2016.
- The renewed register of books endowed by Uthman Pasha al-Duraki to the Madrasa Uthmaniyya Rida'iyya in Aleppo in the 19th century. Presented at the 10th International Conference of the History of Greater Syria: The Ottoman Reforms (Tanzimat) and their application in Greater Syria in the 19th century, Centre of Documents and Manuscripts at Jordan University, April 3rd 2017.